Dr. Marybeth Leavell
Dean of Student Formation and Faculty Development
Ed.D., Grand Canyon University; M.A., University of Northern Colorado; B.A., University of Colorado.
Marybethwas born in Colorado, USA, where she lived for 42 years, prior to moving to the Atlanta GA area in 2001. She has worked with various populations in non-profit settings, including private practice mental health counselor focusing on women’s issues, Hospital Administrator, Nursing Home Administrator, secondary education teacher and administrator, and seminary teacher and administrator. Since 2016, she has served at West Africa Theological Seminary in Lagos, Nigeria, as the Acting Academic Dean and Provost for the past two years. She and her husband, Mark, have been married 32 years and have two sons, two wonderful daughters-in-law and six grandchildren.
Organizational leadership, steward leadership, research methods, eschatology, faith at work, discipleship
• CE 437 - Psychology of Education (Undergraduate)
• ED 507 - Educational Research and Writing (Graduate)
• RCS 615 - Research Methods (Graduate)
• ECS 602 - Education, Culture, and Society (Graduate)
• DML 915 - Writing Your DMin Transformational Project (DMin)
• DML 941 - Project Design I: Research and Project Identification (DMin)
"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others." -2 Timothy 2:2